Book A Class!
Wheel Thrown Pottery classes are ongoing throughout the year, and all other current children’s classes are listed below.
Click the Book Now button following each class description, register your child and we’ll see them in class!
• All classes taught by experienced artists/teachers passionate about art!
• Small classes (no more than eight students)
• Private lessons available
• Low fees include all art supplies
• Weekly classes are 60 minutes/Wheel Thrown Pottery classes are 2 hours
• Weekday classes to accommodate homeschool schedules
• Returning students and siblings save $10 off class fees
WHEEL THROWN POTTERY
Build a foundation of skills by learning the essentials of working on the potter’s wheel. Learn to develop various shapes by first mastering the cylinder. You’ll also learn the basics of trimming and glazing your pieces while enjoying plenty of individual instruction. In subsequent classes, you will learn advanced techniques to make vessels such as mugs, pitchers, lidded jars and even gas-fired raku! Begin your classes anytime. Wednesdays 2 pm • Ages 14+ • 4-Week Session $100/Return Students $90
- Develop basic drawing skills while experimenting with various materials, techniques and subject matter. Learn to see relationships of shapes and lines in order to draw realistically. Personalized instruction in small groups and all skill levels welcome. Tuesdays 4:30 pm • Ages 10+ • 6-Weeks of 1 hour sessions $110 • Return Students $100 * Drop In Single Class $25
KIDS & CLAY
Learn all of the aspects of creating with clay off the wheel. You’ll become comfortable working with coils, slabs and textures, then use these techniques in combination to model your work, from fanciful art to functional pieces. Learn to use texture tools, underglazes and color additives for decoration. One of our most popular classes! Wednesdays 4:30 pm • Ages 7+ • 4 weeks of 1 hour sessions – $80 Return Students $70 – Drop In Single Class $25
We will encourage experimentation in your child’s art while having lots of fun creating with a wide variety of media and finishes. We will be collaging, stamping, printing, stenciling and making three-dimensional creations in clay! Thursdays 2 pm • Ages 7+ • 6-Week 1 hour Sessions $110 • Drop In Single Class $25
Give your child the opportunity to explore his/her passion with the art medium of their choice! Book here, and we’ll contact you shortly to discuss a lesson or two tailored specifically to your child’s interests and talents. Dates & Times To Be Scheduled, Ages 7+ • 60-Minute Lesson $45
Here’s an interesting article! Top 10 Skills Children Learn From The Arts